Monday, April 27, 2015

bubbles

i asked the kids to wash the bird feeder. i provided a bucket with soapy water and two washcloths. i gave specific instructions and left them to it. i folded laundry, walked back into the kitchen- on my way to the patio to check on the cleaners. my legs came to a halt before i made it outside. i saw this:

 photo DSC_0185_zpsuicxdzwm.jpg

 photo DSC_0184_zpsz2mtfsaw.jpg

i stopped. i considered. and i shut the door. shut myself inside and distanced myself from the insanity. the mess. the giggling.

oh these are the critical moments, aren't they friends? i stood in my kitchen deliberating briefly. and today i put reprimand on the shelf and went to get my camera.

 photo DSC_0192_zpsdebdvz5b.jpg

 photo DSC_0191_zpsrfuipa8p.jpg

 photo DSC_0187_zpswhjuqsw0.jpg
(the clean feeder. they had cleaned it before soaking themselves with bubbles..)

this parenting gig is no joke.

 photo DSC_0188_zpsy1mcpdpt.jpg

full of so many such moments-- so many times where my legs need to stop (or where my mouth needs to stop) and i need to take stock. take a moment. reinterpret what i'm seeing (or hearing) through the lens of a saving King.

 photo DSC_0173_zpsvwpchptr.jpg

i'm so thankful for the lens i have. for the knowledge growing more in my heart every day that He is real. that He really did come. He was perfect when i wasn't. He lived the life i never would. oh the freedom He has gifted to me.

 photo DSC_0174_zps8hrdxk1l.jpg

 photo DSC_0176_zps6fk9wevf.jpg

today i'm also thankful for the truth. for the good gifts. for the ability to hear the giggles. for getting the camera. and for the immense hope He has given. that i get to share with these super-fantastic people He has put in my home for a little while.

 photo DSC_0181_zpsagh1acju.jpg

2 comments:

Briana said...

Thanks for the inspiration to open the door to the moment and get the camera.

Brad, Michelle & Dale said...

Letting kids just be kids. That is love. :)