Thursday, January 19, 2012

being the Spirit

i saw him looking at me in the rearview mirror. his face somewhere between almost-tears and anger. "but that's not fair," he declared.

i had been informing him of the consequence due him after the morning's... episode. and after his not-fair declaration, i tried to get him to the root of it. get him to admit his guilt. to see his wrong. but he wanted none of it.

a few days later i was talking to my mom, telling her this story. and she reminded me that i'm not the Holy Spirit. i cannot force him to see his wrong. but He can.

Photobucket

Photobucket

so i will keep praying.

He has so kindly been reminding me more and more recently to pray for the hearts living under this roof of ours. bringing them to mind often and laying specific things on my heart. i'm so thankful that He is giving me eyes to see. the good and the ugly of these kids. His kids.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He makes good ones.


No comments: