Monday, October 11, 2010

home

heading home tomorrow. back to good ol' south carolina. home can be so relative. these are the places of my childhood. i learned how to drive in this city and walked with my uncle down these quiet streets. and i'm back to my spaces tomorrow. so strange. these people and places tug on my heart and draw me back here. to this home. and the kitchen waiting for me does the same. the voices on the phone and the love that will greet me when i walk out of that sweet small hometown airport. what do with all the longing...

it's been such a beautiful visit. so much more to write and think on.

Photobucket

3 comments:

keri beth said...

that is a beautiful picture. i have been missing sc lately, wondering if our move was right, but remembering that if we weren't here now, i'd be missing it too. thanks for your writing, genuine and honest. always reminding me how simple i need to be.

erica said...

ahhhhh....what beautiful trees. what beautiful coolness that i can just feel looking at that. give me a coffee and blanket and a book and set me right under those trees please. minnesota, you feel like a dream.

joanna said...

kari-- i know the feeling. i know that i will always miss something. we miss you. :)