Tuesday, June 7, 2011

treats and grandmas

new music. easier to turn off. different for me. we'll see how it goes...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

my brain is a bit garbled this morning, so i'm not sure anything here today will be poetic or lovely. just me. us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

banana cream pie. and cake. with coffee frosting.

Photobucket

i love treats.

while making the crust for the pie, i was thinking of my beautiful grandmother. the heritage she has passed on. how many times she has tried to teach me to make pie crust. her hands rhythmically rolling dough, sprinkling flour. i still can't get it to come out the same. i'll have to ask for another lesson next time i see her. but she lives so far. i miss her gentle company. the smell of her pie-crust cookies crisping in the oven.

Photobucket

hope to be back here soon with other thoughts. looking forward to a morning with a friend and an evening of sewing.

No comments: