Friday, August 10, 2012

morning


found this in the archives today (that's right. i've been around long enough to have archives) from 2 years ago. and as i read it, i felt it fit right into place. meets me in my current thoughts. for myself and women around me battling sleep and rest.

_________________________

"No matter what kind of night you're having, morning always wins."

- Barbara Kingsolver- Pigs in Heaven

i read this line last night as i fought with sleep. and then i read it again and then again. it followed a chapter about a woman struggling through her middle-of-the-night worries. pacing in her nightgown. everything a bit mysterious and shrouded.

oh the darkness can overwhelm, confuse and discourage. i get myself so turned around. when the light dawns, i'm in a tree upside down.

and of course my little miniature sunshine woke me up in order to appreciate the dawn today. the physical and metaphorical dawn.

the light is here. it never fails. and joy comes along.

'weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.' Psalm 30:5


Photobucket

No comments: