Thursday, August 23, 2012

oh my word

opportunities for humility have been around just about every corner recently. starting school (yeah). being a wife, a friend, etc.- been feeling a good bit of failure, er, humility, coming my way.

and then my sister calls me this afternoon and says that she tried the apricot cake  i had, a month ago,  raved about. she had a bunch of moms over yesterday afternoon and thought she'd make a little something for them.

"it was really gross, jo."

'no way! it is so yummy! i love it!'

"every bite tasted like baking soda. i almost had to spit it out. i threw the rest away."

'what?'

"all of my friends very kindly ate it but... it wasn't good. the recipe called for 2 teaspoons of baking soda. is that right?"

'let me check.... no. not baking soda. it's supposed to be baking POWDER!............. oh my word.'

and that's pretty much how that conversation went. friends. i'm so sorry. if you made the apricot/plum cake i had on here recently, my apologies. i'm sure it was disgusting. it was on me. if you had friends over who had to eat it, my apologies again. that's on me.

the recipe is now fixed and correct.

oh my.

2 comments:

Emily said...

So funny! I was late to the big Summer Party, and disappointed that most of the cake was gone and all the cute, outdoor plates had been taken. So I didn't actually try it to verify if it was gross or not. If it makes you feel any better, it definitely LOOKED very lovely :)

emily said...

oh no!! mistakes happen... don't dwell on the things you think are bad, or make you feel bad about yourself. If I do, I find they swell in my mind until that's all I can think about, and then I feel like a failure.
You are made in God's image and are blessed by Him. You are no failure! :)