Monday, August 16, 2010

some completion

well i've been getting a few things done over here. actually done. been able to check off some items on, what seems like, an ever growing list. and i'm feeling good. feeling ready. and i am really excited to find that after so many days of spending every spare minute in front of either the ironing board or the sewing machine, i still look forward to those spare minutes. i still enjoy the time spent on these endeavors. i can be so fickle. so glad to still find joy at this table.

coasters.

Photobucket

thank you for your help and input everyone. i decided to make some of both styles. couldn't decide. you all helped me dial down the panic. and you were right. it turned out okay. and i'm done! i had a goal of 10 sets of 6. and i've arrived.

Photobucket

and the log cabin square table runner was completed last night as well. i love it. i want to keep it.

Photobucket

the squares were more time consuming than i thought, but totally worth it and so much fun. really-- an easy project for any small-time seamstress (like me) to tackle.

Photobucket

Photobucket

i did put backing on it and finish the edges, but didn't get pictures of it while it was still light enough to do so. wish i would have.

i know that crafting is a small, sometimes trivial, thing. but God has been faithful to meet me in these times. He cares enough about me and and my small yellow craft space to calm my spirit when it needs it, send little laughter my way to make me join in, and remind me of His beauty in creating. He's so good to us.

7 comments:

Allie P said...

Um, so when can we claim coasters? Do we have to wait til the big sale?

alli said...

jo - the runner looks so lovely! you did such a fantastic job. i can't wait to see it in real life:)

Seriousbethy said...

I want some coasters--even if I don't have any furniture that needs protecting. They're lovely!

joanna said...

thanks girls! allie-- we can talk coasters any time you want. :) and alli-- it really does look lovely. thank you so much for helping me dream into reality.

Briana said...

I love the coasters! And the table runner. Your pictures are so much better than the camera picture you sent to me. Love it all.

Allie P said...

I just want one set of the round ones. I don't even care which ones cause I love them all equally. And I'm not really trying to match anything in my house. They'll sit in my living room. You've been to my house. You pick. Just let me know how much. =) Can't wait to set my caramel latte mug on one!!!

joanna said...

Allie-- i will bring some coasters to church tomorrow in case i see you. I'm charging $18. i'll bring a couple that I think would go in your living room and you can pick from those. :)